2014 Subaru WRX STI Tsurugi Edition
Exclusive to Canada, the 2014 Subaru WRX STI Tsurugi Edition brings a new level of sophistication to the WRX STI lineup. This potent 4-door delivers more comfort and includes exciting new features such as luxurious leather seating, distinct 18-inch Enkei wheels and a 10-inch Kicker® subwoofer to name but a few — but don’t be fooled into thinking the Tsurugi Edition is not a true WRX STI under the skin.
Powered by the same 305-horsepower turbocharged SUBARU BOXER, the Tsurugi Edition also shares Subaru symmetrical full-time AWD, HID headlights, fog lights and a front lip spoiler unique to the WRX STI fleet. In Japanese culture, a “tsurugi” is a double-sided broadsword — the perfect name for a car that blends aggressive performance with sophisticated design.
Learn what the experts have to say about your favourite Subaru.
Experience a higher level of sophistication for the first time ever in the WRX STI lineup with luxurious leather-embroidered seats. The rally-style, sport design, front seats are complemented by a performance-oriented driving environment to create the perfect marriage of style and substance.
Designed specifically for WRX STI models, this stylish front lip spoiler generates downforce and increased stability at speed by preventing airflow from passing under the front bumper.
Exclusive to the Tsurugi, these cast alloy wheels with 5-split spoke design create a distinct, polished look. The high-lustre finish helps ensure durability and razor-sharp looks for years to come.
Powered by an integrated, 100-watt amplifier, this subwoofer produces deep bass and clear sound reproduction. The subwoofer is also self-contained within a molded enclosure in the trunk to preserve cargo space.
Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror
This premium feature makes driving at night safer and more comfortable by automatically cutting glare from the headlights of vehicles behind. For added convenience, the mirror incorporates a compass readout.
Automatic Climate Control
- High-pressure turbocharged and intercooled, horizontally opposed, 4-cylinder, 2.5L high-performance SUBARU BOXER engine with Dual Active Valve Control System and SI-DRIVE
- 305 horsepower and 290 lb-ft of torque
- 6-speed Manual Transmission (6MT) with Hill Holder system
- Subaru symmetrical full-time All-Wheel Drive
- Helical limited-slip front differential
- TORSEN® limited-slip rear differential
- Multi-mode Driver Controlled Centre Differential (DCCD)
- Multi-mode Vehicle Dynamics Control system and Traction Control System
- Brembo® high-performance brake system, STI branded
- Super Sport Anti-lock Braking System, Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- Driver and front-seat passenger front and side-impact airbags; side curtain airbags
- Quad tip high-performance exhaust
- Integrated aerodynamic body-colour side ground effects
- Rear underbody diffuser
- Advanced AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA audio system with 4 speakers, 2 tweeters and steering wheel-integrated audio controls
- Bluetooth® mobile phone connectivity with voice activation and steering wheel-mounted controls
- MediaHub for iPod®/USB audio integration with Bluetooth® streaming audio
- Aluminum alloy sport pedals
- Heated, rally sport-type front seats
- 60/40-split, flat-folding rear seats